Submission Guidelines for the Specialists
THE SPECIALIST is published quarterly by the American Board of Professional Psychology. Please submit your article to email@example.com.
- The theme and content of submitted articles should be consistent with ABPP interests and issues: specialization, credentialing, board certification, and the functional and foundational competencies.
- Questions regarding suitability for the Specialist and other questions may be directed to the Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BOT, Editor, or Communications Committee may initiate requests for submissions on particular themes and topics.
- The BOT, Editor, or Communications Committee may solicit or invite contributions from individuals and organizations.
- Unsolicited submissions will also be considered for publication, subject to the approval of the BOT, Editor, or Communications Committee.
- The length requirements for submissions are as follows:
- Board and Academy News – maximum of 800 words
- Feature articles – maximum of 1000 words
- Continuing education articles – maximum of 3000 words.
- Submissions may be edited for length and clarity.
- Submissions may be in any manuscript style appropriate to the content. APA Publications Manual style need not be followed.
- All submissions are subject to being linked to ABPP’s social media platforms.
- Submissions should be made by e-mail attachment in Word to the Editor’s attention at email@example.com. The submission attachment document itself should clearly identify the author(s).
- All submissions will be subject to review and acceptance or rejection by the BOT, Editor, or Communications Committee. Authors may be asked for revisions based on the review.