The Kaslow Family Fund (KFF) scholarship is intended to assist applicants in applying for Board Certification through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). The KFF offers a scholarship of $750 to assist applicants in obtaining Board Certification in any ABPP specialty, with the provison that the work sample is about a couple, nuclear family, or extended family and much of their professional activity encompasses direct involvement in Couples and/or Families. Award monies will be dispensed after the applicant successfully passes their certification exam and the process is completed. The scholarship may be used to reimburse monies expended on application or examination fees, study materials, and/or travel to and lodging at the exam site. Up to two awards will be given each year.
The KFF offers a scholarship to assist applicants in obtaining Board Certification in any ABPP specialty, with the proviso that the work sample is about a couple, nuclear family, or extended family and much of their professional activity encompasses direct involvement in Couples and/or Families.
Applicants must submit:
- ABPP Foundation Scholarship Application Coversheet
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter explicating reasons for applying for Board Certification and of future career objectives of no more than 500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant’s current professional activities addressing why the applicant is eligible/meritorious.
- Applicants must submit an attestation that they are qualified for the Board in which they seek certification.
- Applicants must meet the following additional criteria: have already passed Credentials review; have assumed a leadership role and active involvement in at least one psychology organization.
The KFF scholarship is currently accepting applications with a deadline of March 1, 2022.
Applicants must submit all above referenced materials in electronic format to:
Attn: Kaslow Family Fund Scholarship
For questions regarding eligibility or other issues, please email:
ABPP Foundation: ABPPFoundation@abpp.org